NBE Advanced Members invited to join LARF
Advanced Members of NBE have been invited to join LARF, the patient handling research forum led by Dr. Mike Fray, School of Design and Creative Arts at Loughborough University.
The collaboration was formed with aims to:
- Improve both the number of projects published and the quality of the publications in the application of ergonomics to patient handling problems.
- Offer opportunities for members to participate in research, from product evaluation to more complex research.
- To act as a forum to network and share ideas and skills.
- Improve group members’ skills in research and ergonomics.
- Increase access to innovations in patient handling equipment and methods and to promote a critical evaluation approach to all patient handling equipment.
- Develop the expertise and impact of the group and School of Design and Creative Arts to be recognised as a quasi-authoritative body.
Chaired by Dr Mike Fray, the first meeting in March 2023 was a huge success and enjoyed by all
The next face to face meeting will be held at Loughborough University on 6th June.
The upcoming planned education session is hands-on and features data collection for patient handling studies using force and posture measurements.
If you are an Advanced Member and want to know more please email Sarah Thornton, Vice Chair