NBE welcomes anyone with an interest in the prevention of work-related musculoskeletal conditions and the promotion of musculoskeletal health and best practice in moving and handling.
We currently have 3 categories of membership to cater for the differing needs of practitioners and people wishing to join us. These are
More information can be found in our Definitions of Membership and Eligibility document (HERE).
BECOMING A MEMBER
Read the Definitions of Membership and Eligibility document (HERE) to find the category of membership that meets your needs. Then either
You will need Adobe Reader (available free by clicking HERE) to open the application form.
WHAT NBE OFFERS MEMBERS
Advice and support
- Dedicated forums provide the opportunity for members to ask for advice and support from their peers in relation to their activities and roles
- A help line is also available via the website.
- Members can contact colleagues via the forums to discuss projects and issues
- The NBE website provides an online directory to facilitate contact between members
- Registered Members may list themselves on the NBE website Registered Member Directory to enable people to contact them for professional services
- Members have access to a nationwide network of local affiliated groups providing increased opportunities to meet and share good practice initiatives and benefit from the work undertaken by regional colleagues
- Members can join special interest groups focusing on specific aspects or field of practice
Learning & development opportunities
- NBE organises and runs an annual conference specialising in moving and handling and its role in ensuring safer practice for people and load handling. This event provides a unique opportunity to network and become familiar with equipment and aids in the exhibition section.
- NBE publications are available to members at discounted rates
- Members get special booking rates for the NBE Conference each year, and Registered Members get an additional discount for their delegate rate
- Up to half price reduction when subscribing to the Internatioanl Journal of Safer People Handling and Mobility
News & Information
- Column, NBE’s regular journal, is provided to members in either hard-copy or online format as part of your membership package
- The NBE website regularly publishes news stories relevant to its members
- NBE publishes a number of information leaflets, in addition to the Professional Series publications, which are available for a variety of uses to support practice and training
Setting standards and campaigning
- The NBE Executive Committee speaks on behalf of the members of NBE
- NBE publishes Standards in Manual Handling and a series of Professional Series publications to define appropriate practices in specialised fields and with complex client groups
- Members benefit from NBE working in partnership with a number of other organisations to raise the profile and standing of our members, including the Health and Safety Executive, Care Quality Commission, Health Education England, Skills for Health and NICE
- Working groups of NBE liaise with others to help gain recognition for the roles and activities of our members
- NBE members are offered opportunities to set and raise standards by working in collaboration with other bodies, e.g. to author the editions of the Handling of People
- NBE has negotiated favourable insurance rates for manual handing practitioners who are Advanced Members